Thank You Medford for your vote of confidence.
Hi my name is Michael Marks and I'm a candidate for re-election to the Medford City Council. I am a life long resident and homeowner. My wife Lisa and I reside at 37 Wellington Rd with our three children Giana, Olivia and Evan. As a member of the city council I know first hand that our neighborhoods are the life line of our community. That is why I stood alongside neighbors protesting the encroachment of industry upon their residential neighborhoods. I insisted upon the installation of thermoplastic crosswalks and introduced numerous traffic calming approaches to address speeding and pedestrian safety in our community.
Offering the resolve which limited the number of months odd/even winter parking is in effect to alleviate parking congestion.
- I led the charge to lower the age of eligibility for a senior property tax exemption from age 70 to 65 assisting those seniors who are on fixed incomes to stay in their homes. .
- I have actively supported green initiatives such as the harvesting of rain runoff water for use in lawn irrigation and fire fighting and the use of wind to power our schools.
- I authored the resolve which created a first of its kind "No Knock" ordinance which regulates door to door solicitors.
- During tough fiscal times I sought creative revenue enhancing ideas such as the "in lieu of tax payment" which generated over 1 million dollars of much needed additional revenue used to enhance our schools and public safety.
- I am actively pursuing the creation of a parking enforcement department which will address business and neighborhood concerns of city wide parking enforcement..